This guide provides advice and ideas on how activists and campaigners can use the Companies Act to help improve the social and environmental performance of companies. The guide will provide you with:
- an understanding of the relevant new provisions in the 2006 Companies Act (the Act)
- some tools and techniques on how to use the Act in campaigns
- signposts to further information.
Who can use this guide?
- anyone who is concerned about the social or environmental behaviour of companies and wants to make a difference
- communities and grassroots groups who are negatively affected by a company
- concerned shareholders, including pension fund trustees
- campaigning organisations.